Friday, February 4, 2022

Literal Flexing

A day in the life...

Pictured below you will see my victory pose after describing how I was the only one in my high school physics class to get this 'bonus' problem correct (it's the classic 'slide a mass down a track through a loop-de-loop and determine the ratio of release height to radius of the loop' problem (2.5 is the answer for the record)).  After my rather lame brag, most of the class was busy rolling their eyes over their masks and hoping I would just move on, but after I did a little faux-flex, SX asked me to 'do it again' which I obliged, resulting in this pic:


Sure, my students could have a better physics teacher, but it is highly unlikely that they would get one who would so proudly faux flex with such pretend gusto...

After all of this, CC quietly remarks (mocking one of my common refrains in class), "Wait a second, if all student success comes from the physics teacher whereas the student failures are their own, shouldn't your high school physics teacher be flexing rather than you?"  Touché, CC. Well played indeed.

P.S. After looking at the board work in the pic, I realize that I told this entire story, flexing and all, BEFORE I even worked through the problem with them (the pictured problem is a different conservation of energy problem).

No comments:

Post a Comment