Monday, April 4, 2022

My Kind of March Madness Bracket

So, I know it's sports related and probably involves illicit, low-key gambling but it does seem that everyplace I've ever worked that there is some kind of March Madness bracketing going on.  I'm think it's college basketball related, but really I'm not too sure and I'm okay with that.

Imagine my pleasant surprise when I find out that the Perimeter Institute has instituted it's own March Madness Bracket:

The Battle of the Equations!  Yessir, my kind of people:



If you don't understand anything about this graphic - well, now you know how I feel every time a sport bracket comes up like this in March.

My money is on Maxwell's Equations for the win.  Sure Noether's got that deep fundamental appeal but Maxwell's got the universal charm that just shines light on everyone who encounter its beauty:





(got into deep space and let rho and J go to zero to really feel the beauty!)

No comments:

Post a Comment