Sunday, September 13, 2026

Dreams, New School Years, and Empty Nesting

 I just started my 24th year of teaching last month.  Every year since the first I have had back-to-school inspired dreams.  Subconscious letting me know I am nervous or something I suppose. 

Not this year.

The trick you ask?  Well, spend August moving both kids out of the house and onto their respective college campuses - that'll do it.  

Instead, I had a dream that I woke up in a house somewhat like my parents' and, upon exiting the room I had been asleep in, I tripped over an unevenness in the ground.  Upon inspection, there was a toddler-sized Sebastien (Maybe 3?) sleeping face-down on the carpeted floor right in front of my door.  Looking around, I spied Isabelle lying a bit more comfortably with a pillow she'd brought out before she fell asleep keeping an eye on her brother.  I was just starting to wonder why they were so young and where we were exactly when I woke up to an empty-feeling house...


No comments:

Post a Comment