Thursday, May 30, 2024

Sarcastically Yours

Years ago an administrator said to me "Sarcasm is not an appropriate form of humor when dealing with kids."  Now, he was talking about a different teacher, so I didn't say anything out loud but I thought to myself "Oh boy..."  I mean, I don't think I could make it through a single class without using sarcasm. I even give lectures on sarcasm sometimes!

Luckily most students seem to get it (at least by the end of the year!).  I was reminded about this valuable part of their education I provide by a recent gift from JS alongside an older (15 years ago?) gift from a former student ( I can remember her face and where she sat, but her initials escape me):





1 comment:

  1. Dear Kriddy,
    Sarcasm has no place in schools. Let's stick to dry lectures and zero humor. That'll keep them engaged and excited for sure!
    Sarcastically yours,
    Capacitor482

    ReplyDelete