Thursday, May 16, 2024

Space Mission Reminds me of my kids

Today, JS was doing her quarter four presentation in astronomy on "The Future of Telescopes".  One of her featured telescopes is the SVOM being launched later this year.   The Space-based Variable Objects Monitor designed to investigate gamma ray bursts.

When she described it as a "Franco-Chinese"mission as the Chinese and French space agencies are working together on it, I called out from the back of the room "A Franco-Chinese mission: Just like my kids!" (Teachers make the worst students 'tis true).

Half the class laughed as they got the joke, the other half laughed because it just sounded weird.  The student I was sitting next to leaned over and said "are you French or something?".  Apparently I haven't been talking about myself enough this year!



1 comment:

  1. I'm Gianluca and I like this joke. Its almost as funny as my memes.

    ReplyDelete