Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Unions, Letters, and Stewart

Apparently I am part of the problem.  My mean teacher's union which has managed to get me lower pay and worse benefits after 9 years of teaching than when I worked in the private sector 14 years ago is the source of all fiscal woe in the USA.  I actually fired off a letter to the Boston Globe after reading an especially viscous op-ed piece attacking unions the day before and the Globe published parts of it last Sunday:
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/letters/articles/2011/02/27/bay_state_unions_have_shown_willingness_to_compromise/

(my original letter was "it takes two to tango")

However, a couple people today brought my attention to the fantastic piece by Jon Stewart that totally trumps my boring little letter:

No comments:

Post a Comment