Monday, May 20, 2019

Ouch!

Image result for e.t. movie
"Why don't we watch it in class, Mr. Rideout?"

Don't dish it out if you can't take it!

Students are always commenting that I roast them too hard, but I am generally surprised by this as I'm thinking we are all just joking around.  But today, JW (who has been campaigning hard for a blog post mention BTW), roasted me but good and now I'm thinking maybe I should be more gentle and kind... (wonder if there's a book I can read to teach me how?)

Someone mentioned the movie E.T. and how they had never seen it. I then talked about how that movie falls into the category of "Big-Time-when-it-came-out-but-does-not-hold-up-well-over-time" category.  JW said she loved the movie.  However I suspect that it was actually her doppelgänger lovin' on that movie, not the real JW (running inside joke in class, don't ask).


I said: "That movie is slow and boring!"

She retorts: "This class is slow and boring!"

She remains unapologetic as I gasp in astonishment and pain.

I just wanted to phone home ("Mommy, the students are being mean to me!")

I haven't been so belittled since that old episode of The Flash!

No comments:

Post a Comment