Sunday, March 13, 2022

Just Goes with The Territory

Before the break, we needed a hands-on activity for physics class.  We decided to go with the make-your-own-mobile project since we had been studying torques in class (thank you, Ms. Kreutter, for that project!).  Students were to bring in their own thematic items to hang in several off-set tiers.  A typical one might look like this:

(shout out to EC and KS for having the first completed mobile!)

Now, in the middle of this activity, I go to the weekly leadership team meeting (yes, they still let me attend for some reason).  As soon as I walk in, the new librarian waves me over and surreptitiously hands me a sheet of paper.

"I found this on the printer in the media center the other day.  I was wondering if I should be concerned so I called over another teacher and she just said 'Oh, that's just Rideout - no problem.  If it was a different teacher, you might need to follow up.' "  

I look at the print out, laughed a bit nervously and start to explain "Yes, well, ahem, you see - there's this mobile project and, umm, they are hanging things and one group thought it'd be funny to put my face on the items..."

At this point, the principal walks by.  She glances down at the sheet in my hands and has heard the last few words coming out of my mouth.  She smiles and looks at both of us, "More members of the fan club, Rideout?"  and walks on by.

Slightly ashamed, I grab my seat next to the history department chair.  He sees the print out now, too, and, without missing a beat says, "Oh, I see you got my print-out for me, Ken, thanks!".

Here's the final product: (You have to look hard to see the pics but they are on there)
Pretty sure OL and SX are more in the Rideout-Mocking club than the Fan Club...



------------

Astute readers will notice there is a ringer amongst the photos.  When I pointed this out to the Mobile Makers, they said "That's the version of you you wish you were."

No comments:

Post a Comment