Friday, February 17, 2023

Fun Times

Here's a truth so simple that I don't usually admit it:  Working with teenagers is fun.  I mean, like, a couple of teenage boys (JK and WM) see me taking a selfie with another student and they want in on the action kind of fun (can't count how many random BeReals I've been in this year):

Handsome Gentlemen
Earlier in the year these same gentlemen grabbed some graph paper and asked me what my favorite colors were and created these works of *ahem* art.

Artwork (?)
My favorite story however is that one day I was being observed by an administrator and these two were so engrossed in their computer games that they never even noticed.  (I was going over a quiz they had  both aced hence no need to redirect them from my point of view).  Afterwards, I berated them both "Thanks a lot, guys - you couldn't be bothered to pretend to pay attention for a few minutes?"  They were both genuinely perplexed about what I was talking about... that's how absorbed they were in their games.

When I asked them if they were okay with my making this post - perhaps implying they were fans, they responded with "Oh, you have a blog?  Is it public?"

Hmmm... maybe not fans then... but still fun...


No comments:

Post a Comment