Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Proud Moment

I had a proud Rideout-moment at this morning's high school leadership team meeting (yes, I do get invited to those for some reason!).  These twice-a-week 7:30 AM meetings in the era of work-from-home are another opportunity to experience the awkwardness of looking at people you would normally be in the same room with having their faces displayed in rows and columns on your computer screen in your family room.  Lucky for me (and unlucky for them), this particular group of administrators and department heads are people I feel pretty comfortable around.

About 3/4 of the way through the meeting, our principal is discussing some possibilities for doing senior awards (all of our end of year activities have, obviously, been completely wrecked by the pandemic).  When she brings up the possibility of us taking turns coming into the high school theater to present our departmental awards in order to be filmed and then spliced into a longer, virtual awards ceremony, all of the other department heads start contributing and asking question in a professional manner.  I, on the other hand, calmly type into the chat window, "Wait.  Does this mean I will have to put on pants?"

Every single face on my screen burst into laughter.  Oh, savor that victory, Rideout, savor the sweetness of it...



-----------------
30-May-2020 Follow up

This is the video I submitted to the goodbye compilation sent to the seniors:


1 comment: